Friday, January 14, 2011

Calling all Lurkers!

Apparently I am more in tune with the rhythms of the blogging world these days than I realized.

I don't worry much over blog stats anymore, but this morning I happened to notice the little badge over there to the right - the "turq-green" (as Nadia would say) one that currently shows "248 Readers." That means there are 248 people out there who subscribe to this lil ol' blog, 248 people who read whatever gibberish I happen to throw up here. WOW, that's a lot of people!

And then, as I was marveling at that and skimming through my Google Reader, I came upon a few posts that referred to today being National DeLurking Day. Heh, who knew?! Obviously not me. ;o) But how serendipitous is this timing?!

In the blog world, a "lurker" is anyone who reads but doesn't leave a comment, and today is the official day to come out from behind the corner and say, "hi! I'm here!"

This made me wonder what other wacky "official days" there are, and look what I found!! Haha! Apparently today is also National Dress Up Your Pet Day. Get ready to celebrate...Bubble Wrap Day, Rid The World of Fad Diets Day, and Inane Answering Message Day are all coming later this month!

Anyway, that makes now the perfect opportunity to ask -

Who ARE all you people?!

This place is just the simple, often uninspired, journal of our lives, and it amazes me that so many people are along for the ride. I'd love to know who's out there, and why you read. I'd love to get to tell you thanks for checking in.

Will you please click the comment button and say hi?

Thank you!




And a couple photos, because no post is complete without photos. :o) And yes, Nadia does love to pose these days.



21 comments:

Colleen said...

Nadia's hat is AWESOME!!!!

(And you know how it goes... I'm not generally a lurker here... but I do read more than I comment lately.)

Diane said...

Hi

Erica said...

Ack! You got her the TCP kitty kat!! It's so her <3

ChristyMichelle said...

Hi there!! I am a fellow Photographer & Bloger in Houston, TX. I love your photos and writing style! Keep up the great work!

ChristyMichelle said...

oops *blogger* hehe

Kirsten said...

Hi! Ha! De-lurking day, that's funny!
I read much, comment little. :)
Fun to see our kids growing up! Keep up the awesome photos!

Christina, Steve, Clara and Elena said...

Gosh, I hate the term "lurker." It makes it sound like I'm sneaking around, when really it's just that I like your blog but always have something to say back - to me, a blog isn't so much a conversation as an ongoing magazine article I like to read. But, I do LOVE your blog and have followed for years. I stumbled upon your blog one day as I was getting interested in photography and was a new mom. You and I share a name. It's because of you that I started investing in a camera and taking more pictures. So, thank you! I hope to work soon at doing better editing, even though I'm sure I won't approach your level of skill! You're welcome to come visit over at my blog if you're still curious about who is lurking at your blog. And Happy Bubble Wrap Day, in advance!

Lara said...

I'm a lurker who's been around for a looong time. Hi!

Anonymous said...

Hi Christina -
I love N's kitty hat too :)
I'm not a lurker...didn't even know you could subscribe??? Guess I'll have to so your "number" is accurate. I really love your photos and our lives seem so similar sometimes...
I miss when you take your little breaks but understand life must go on and I'm so happy your life is going in a positive, loving direction!
Happy New Year to you all :)
KimD

My Happy Family said...

Hi Christina!
It's Carrie - Amanda, Eva and Liam's mom. Still reading faithfully and loving all you have to say.

Joanna said...

This is hilarious C! I get a kick out of the lurkers actually stopping by to say hi....That's awesome!! Its like for one day, they are coming out of the dark into the light. :0)

My fave is the one who said its like an ongoing magazine article. I could totally see that!

Anyways, love you much....and apparently so does 200+ anonymous people!

Wills mom said...

I've left comments in the past... but have been just lurking for the last year or so :) :) Love your photography!!

Jen said...

Sorry. I am no lurker, but thought I would say Hi too. Nadia might have a future in modeling with all of those poses.

Freya said...

Hi there,

I'm a reader from Germany - so your blog is also international. ;) I have lived in Texas a while back and have a lot of friends and what feels like family living there. I love reading blogs with great photography to ease the "Texan-homesickness." Thanks for sharing your life with the world.

And I also agree with blogs being kind of like ongoing magazine articles.

All the best to you and your pretty little girl!

Shelly at Aperture of My Eye said...

Hey Christina!
As you know, I've been reading your blog for quite awhile now. I used to have more time to comment (sorry for that). But I still think your photos rock and I love all of your stories!

Al Scott said...

Hi,

found your blog whilst looking for photographic inspiration a while back and subscribed. Father of 2 with no. 3 on the way, found a new passion for photography after the arrival of no. 1 child ;0) Love reading and mostly viewing your photos for ideas and inspiration. All the best...
Al

stillerwinter said...

Hi,

second one from Germany. I'm a dad of three and find your blog very funny and inspiring.
Keep your faith and love your little one. You are very lucky.

PS: Please make your photography to an business. You are very talented and others deserve also such wonderful pictures of their loved ones. Btw how do you achieve such a light and saturated look in your pictures?

Anonymous said...

To exist unobserved or unsuspected:to lie or wait in concealment, as a person in ambush.

carrie said...

i'm not a lurker, but don't get to comment as often as i used to (a lot of times i read on my phone and it is a pain to comment). but i'm still here! and still lovin' that cat hat!

Elaine A. said...

Well you know I'm always here... :) Love ya!

Sharon said...

I've commented on several occasions. I found you through the Lucy in the Sky blog. I love Nadia's whole outfit in these snow pics! Gorgeous!