Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hellooooooo out there!

Dang, has it really been two weeks??

My computer has been out of commission, and I've been going a tiny bit crazy without access to my photo editing software or even the ability to download photos. After all, it's Christmas season, and I have some pictures-dependent gifts on my list! And since I am apparently unable to blog without photos, that has also meant no blogging.

Once upon a time, two weeks without photos or blogging would have been the stuff of nightmares. I needed my daily dose of blog, needed to be able to lose myself in this world.

Now? Well, quite honestly I enjoyed the little break, and I even toyed with the idea of simply not keeping up with the ol' blog at all anymore. But I like the idea of having this record of our lives to look back on one day, and...well, there are some special folks out there in the bloggy world and I'd miss you. ;o) But a couple weeks totally away made me realize that the blog world no longer rules my world, and that's as it should be.

So anyway, when I went to download and sort through my recent pictures, I realized that I'm actually like two months behind. So here's a quick photo-story of some of what we've been up to recently.

Side note - I need to learn to pick up the camera and take photos of something other than my daughter! There are other people and things in my life! Scott, I'm bringing my camera next week - remind me to take some pictures, okay?? :o)

We have been...

wearing Mommy's boots...


finding beautiful leaves...




celebrating a birthday....


celebrating a cousin's birthday...


celebrating more cousins' birthdays!




being Uncle D's ultimate cheerleader...


enjoying a fall fest...


getting a cute haircut...


being silly and cute...


getting an A+ at the doctor...


loving our kitty...


saying goodbye to a friend...




channeling our inner supermodel...


being cute (oh wait, did we already say that???)...


looking way too grown up...


And lots more....

...which will have to wait for another post!

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

You have been bus-ay! Nadia is as divine as ever, and you as talented with your photography. (The leaf capture, oh my!) I for one am glad you're not giving up blogging entirely, because I'd so miss you if you did!

Jen said...

I sure did miss seeing Nadia's sweet face. Looks like you guys have been having fun!!!!

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my word you have been busy.

I've been barely blogging as well, and only miss it alittle. mostly for the people I've grown to know and love, like you. ♥

loved this post...so much joy, but the "saying goodbye to a friend one" really blew my emotions. WOW....what a beautiful dog. sorry for your loss. :(

Maggie said...

Busy busy busy! And I can't believe how big Nadia is getting! And I'm sorry for your loss... :(

Arizaphale said...

Oh my how I relate to this post. It is funny how so many of us are backing off on the blogging world and getting into real life again. But like you, I can't let go completely. You wonderful ladies who welcomed me to blogging are so special and I love keeping up with your unfolding stories. Nadia is growing lie a weed but blossoming like a rose. That leaf photo...uh-huh...you know it girl!
xxxx

Joanna said...

I love the vastness of this post and all the beautiful shots.....but I am so sorry your Dad lost his dog too. Putting Lulu down was one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make. ((Hugs)) to you guys!