Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Defining motherhood

A picture is worth a thousand words...and sometimes, it's worth a thousand dollars, too!

5 Minutes for Mom is hosting a fabulous Mother's Day photo contest. They are asking for photos that define the meaning of motherhood.

I began mentally flipping through the photos of me and my girl, searching for the one. There are pictures of me snuggling my tiny infant, pictures of us sharing a sweet kiss, pictures of us with matching grins.

But this is the one that spoke to me.

'

It might seem like an odd choice. There are no snuggles, no kisses, no grins in this picture. You can't even tell it's us. But to me, this image defines motherhood more than any other.

I look at this photo and am transported back to that moment in time: the first time my little girl brought me "flowers." It was an unexpected gift, a moment that made my heart swell with love, burst with pride. A moment that made me thank God for making me Nadia's Mommy.

Motherhood is full of frustrations and triumphs, tears and laughter and worry. But it's the moments that catch us by surprise and fill us with more love than our hearts can hold which make motherhood what it is.

And the moment captured in that picure was one of those motherhood-defining moments for me.
And that's what motherhood is about.

12 comments:

carrie & troy keiser said...

I love hand pictures.

Childlife said...

Aww... I LOVE your pick! Just melts the heart! :)

The Mom said...

Great choice! ;)

Star8278 said...

Perfect! Love the select coloring.
Good luck.

Elaine A. said...

So, so sweet. Both the picture and the words. I am a sucker for little kid hands...

Brittany said...

Excellent choice! :)

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

what a perfect choice. i love that sweet moment. :)

Arizaphale said...

Wow there is some tough competition here in this contest! This is the second sensational shot I have seen :-)Great choice as I would expect from you Christina. You put the words together beautifully too.

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

just beautiful. I remember the first time my son brought me "flowers."

check out our site today :)

Leslie said...

I love that picture. :)

日月神教-任我行 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,ut聊天室,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網

Anonymous said...

Custom silicone bracelets are inexpensive, they‘re socially responsible, and making a big difference
pandora bracelets with groups trying to raise money, promote causes and companies trying to promote activities and events. In addition, it can be used for fund raising, holidays, pandora bracelets uk schools, sports, religious etc.Rubber bracelets go with all types of clothing. Though it can be worn alone, they tend to look best when several are worn at once. pandora bracelets and charms If you want a clean –cut look then wear bright colors. Many of these come in quantities of cheap pandora bracelets a dozen or more, and in all the colors of the rainbow. You can have either thin or buy pandora bracelets wide bands. It can be used as a visible and attractive way to publicize your devotion to a complete pandora bracelets certain cause, sports team, or identity.